Hallmark Hotels, owner of the Belfry Hotel in Cheshire, has been fined more than £125,000 for fire safety breaches, according to a report in the Manchester Evening News. A snap inspection by local fire officers revealed a "cavalier disregard" for safety, a court heard.
The breaches were sufficient to require the hotel’s immediate closure in April 2008, for remedial works to take place. Faulty fire and smoke alarms, poor exit signage and a lack of staff training were uncovered.
Read the full story here: http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/news/s/1342659_belfry_hotel_fined_over_fire_hazards